Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"The Correction" Disappears

I was about to re-post the Mr. Winsness correction about the features of the disc stack design when I noticed ALL (three) posts had been removed from the Biodiesel magazine article.*  Luckily "slash" had posted Mr. Winsness's correction in a comment section here on the blog.   SkunK's non-technical sum up would be that the disc stack delivers about three times the g-force at one-third the horse power.

***************
David Winsness

2011-07-12

Our preference is the disc stack design for several reasons, one of which was incorrectly quoted above and correctly stated here. "A disc stack unit requires substantially LESS HORSEPOWER in this application than the ICM unit. Additionally, the disc stack unit generates substantially MORE G-Force. Our specified disc stack centrifuge units have a 60HP drive motor whereas the 3-phase decanters generally used by others (ICM) in this application have a 150HP Main Drive Motor PLUS a 30HP Back Drive motor (collectively about 180 HP when compared to the disc stack units at only 60 HP). The disc stack centrifuges used here produce about 7000 G's when compared to the others who generally produce less than 2500 G's and often less than 1800 G's." In an industry where efficiency is most important, I felt the need to correct the quote as soon as I became aware of it. The other reasons for our preference of a disc stack include:

1) better up time as our disc stacks are offered with a 99% guaranteed up-time which is better than any others have committed to.

2) reduced internal turbulence that allows oil to separate more easily (disc stack units have 'internal accelerators' that gently get the product up to speed before entry into the rotating centrifuge bowl).

Additionally, disc stack units do not have the internal augers that that the ICM units have and these augers create additional and unwanted turbulence that negatively impact separation.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions regarding corn oil separation (dwinsness@greenshift.com). We are excited to have the pioneering technologies that enable ethanol plants to generate more fuel and income from the same kernel of corn.

Collectively, when considering today's commodity prices, deploying our portfolio of technologies within a dry mill ethanol plant could provide $0.70 of value per bushel of corn consumed. Regards, David Winsness GreenShift
*********************
http://www.biodieselmagazine.com/articles/7887/biodiesel-from-corn-oil-a-growing-force
*********************
 
SkunK
*Those posts also included "SkunK's Vent" and the post that partially trigged his vent.

9 comments:

Slashnuts said...

Skunkman, I just want to thank you for this blog, all your hard work, and everything you do. Without you, I would be nothing! I'm just happy to be able to help in any way I can. I like to think we make a good team. I look forward to, someday, sitting at that oak bar in your garage, having a refreshment, while counting our $$$$ :) Thanks

Slashnuts said...

Look At All That Deoiled DDG At Marquis Energy!

"No one is seeking to end the most important government support for ethanol — a federal mandate that gasoline blenders mix increasing amounts of ethanol into gasoline. But at a time when many tax breaks are under scrutiny, there seems to be little political will to continue giving $6 billion a year in federal tax credits to fuel blenders that must buy the ethanol anyway."

Mark Marquis, president of Marquis Energy, which operates two ethanol plants in Illinois and Wisconsin, said the industry understands that times have changed.

“We don’t need the blender’s credit,” said Mr. Marquis, who is also a director of Growth Energy, an ethanol lobbying group. “It’s time that it goes away.”


http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/08/business/energy-env ironment/corn-ethanol-subsidies-may-be-in-jeopardy.html

Slashnuts said...

Some little known facts about "Slashnuts".

I've met Warren Buffett. I've been to his shareholder meetings. I've signed contracts with some of his favorite places to eat.

I even had the honor of cooking him a special dinner on Fathers Day.

I see Mr. Buffett on a regular basis as he likes to play bridge a few hundred feet from two of my contracted customers, a secret location in Omaha.

I've read his books and look up to him. I apply his investing advise to all my stocks. It works very well, just takes a lot of patience.

I'm very involved in the biofuels industry. I met Morgan Freeman and Willie Nelson(my brother-in-law dated his daughter). I toured his biodiesel plant in Oklahoma, but didn't like what I saw. They were misleading investors. I sold out early with huge gains because of it.

I met and spoke in person with the CEO of GPRE. We talked about corn oil extraction and Greenshift. A couple months later, his company became GERS' #1 customer.

I do my homework, visit plants, and talk to people in charge. I've spoke with the plant managers of most of GERS' customers.

Other things about me are,

I like to skydive.

I've been to the top of Pikes Peak.

My favorite places in the world are Colorado and Hawaii, my brother lives next to Pearl Harbor.

I passed the ASTM-d6751 tests for the production of biodiesel fuel.(1000's of dollars)

I built a bass-mobile(1976 Datsun 280Z) that hit's 160 decibles. 2-18"'s

I also met and cooked dinner for Randy Travis and ACDC.

I have a 2000 square foot garden.

I'm an inventor and I'm working on my own patent.


Past investment track record...
AMR Bought at $2.90 Sold at $14.54
EBOF Bought at $.50 Sold at $2.81
SMDI Bought at $1.60 Sold at $7.50(bought out by RFMD)
RCNI Bought at $3.30 Sold/Bought out for $15.00
GPRE Bought at $7.00 have never sold this(still kicking myself for not buying at $1.25 but Mr. Becker said he didn't get any at that price either:)

I am a 1% owner of GERS. I've never sold a single share. My average price per share after all these years is $.0002. I have several investors, with a lot more money than I have, buying the stock.

Greenshift is in business with some very big names.

This stock is moving much, much higher soon. Dilution is done, the cash is pouring in, the company is going to start reporting back-to-back profitable quarters and we'll soon be debt free.


Good Luck To All!$!$!$!$!$!$!$

P.S. I am not Skunk, KK, or an insider at all. I'm just a simple investor from Nebraska that does his homework.

Slashnuts said...

BTW, Skunkman is #1 the best.
Without him and this blog, I never would've found GERS.

Hats off to you Skunkhunter, and thank you.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, im another investor who owes a lot to Skunk but also to you slash. I never bought into the idea that you and skunk were the same person. I think you are both brilliant but just have very different styles. the only question you did not answer in your bio is the origin of yoru alias. That's Ok though, Im kinda afraid to ask. maybe its just a cooking term.

Neil said...

Slash,
I'm indebted to both you and Skunk for sharing the excellent DD that you both do. As a result of my day job I don't have time to do my own research to the same level as either of you (even if I did I'm not sure I'd achieve it).
If this thing takes off as we all think, and if shareholders end up benefitting (these are separate questions unfortunately) I suggest all the long-timers have a get together to celebrate at some mutually agreeable place. I'll buy dinner for both Skunk and Slash as thanks for their efforts. Nobody and Jonathan would hopefully make it along as they more than anyone have kept the faith even after several hard lessons here.

Anonymous said...

Maybe a tail-gate party in ICM's parking lot? Or will the name be changed to Greenshift by then? Just a thought.

Anonymous said...

ICM parking lot sounds great! Maybe feature tri-canter cocktails? Spun slowly- not stirred.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That would be too long a wait for drinks. The Tricanter cocktail machine would break down several times between rounds, barely producing enough to keep our cups wet.

 
Free Blog CounterTamron