Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sales Prospects

"Additional information in this regard will be provided to all of our shareholders shortly, however, for now, know that we have good reason to be energized with our sales prospects."

The SkunK would like to make two predictions based on the note from yesterday.  First let me say that I have no additional information other than the last post, combined with past public information I am about to point out.   

"Additional information in this regard will be provided to all of our shareholders shortly, . ." 

The last shareholder letter came out January 19th, 2010The previous shareholder letters came out 17 March 2009. and February 19, 2008.

1.  Based on the above information, the SkunK predicts that we will see a Shareholder letter in January - or at least within the next 30 days.

"however, for now, know that we have good reason to be energized with our sales prospects."

Reading this, being a part of the same sentence, the SkunK believes that the 2010 Shareholder letter will be have information about, and discuss new sales contracts.  Here is more information from the 3Q that I think is relevant:

We expect to achieve increased economies of scale as all of the Company’s existing licensees commence production of corn oil and as we execute new licenses for our patented extraction technologies.

During the nine months ended September 30, 2010, we entered into license agreements with ethanol producers corresponding to more than 900,000,000 gallons of ethanol production bringing our total licensed production to 1,200,000,000 gallons of ethanol.

Execute new license agreements during 2010 with ethanol producers corresponding to an aggregate capacity of at least 1 billion gallons per year of ethanol.

Obviously new sales are in a "pipeline".  They do not suddenly appear, but rather start at a point of introduction and move through to contract signing and then on to revenue flow.  As shareholders we are interested in revenue flow.  Not every introduction ends with revenue flow.  The company can predict revenue flows based on sales in the pipeline, however until the contract is signed and announced, we as shareholders have very little information about the pipeline.  Another problem is one company may take days while another may take months to reach the same decision.  The company had expected to reach at least another 100mmgy of ethanol production under contract.  Based on the information above, the company obviously is excited about the sales pipeline - meaning to me - that enough of the sales are nearing a contract signing (and public announcement), that they are "energized". 

2.  The SkunK predicts that we will see new sales contacts in excess of 100mmgy of ethanol production in conjunction with, or just prior to the Shareholder letter predicted above.

Now as I have said many times, whenever the SkunK makes a prediction you may need to re-read my disclosures at the bottom of my blog.  I am not an unbiased observer - I am an investor!  However, judging by the tone of the main financial boards I-Hub, Raging Bull and Yahoo, (and more and more the comment section of my blog), there are NO unbiased observers of GreenShift. lol

Of course, whenever I predict something I am either right or wrong.  When I am right it is said I must be an insider.  When I am wrong I am an idiot.  Although I know neither is true, I admit there is occasional evidence for the latter. This blog allows you to look over my shoulder at the DD I have found.  Sometimes I share what I am thinking, sometimes I do not. (Since I have been thinking about a home project lately, that may be a good thing.) You might look at the same references and come to the exact opposite conclusion.  That's just fine with me.  The year 2011 should well decide who was right and who was wrong in this investment - I see no use getting all excited about what someone else decides to do.

In fact, I have learned through experience that its more likely that someone would disagree - rather than agree with me - I can prove that theory by showing you my wedding ring.  :~)   

Good Luck to all Investors,

SkunK

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterTamron