Friday, October 30, 2009

Dilution and the OS, SkunK Guesstimate

From 20 May to 20 August we know the OS was steady at 500M. During that time of no dilution the average trading volume was about 6.3M shares a day. That is our non-dilution base.

On Sept 8th the allowable OS was upped from 500M to 10B. From Sept 8th to October 12th the total volume was about 457M and the average volume was 18.27M for those 25 trading days. From October 13th (patent announcement) until the 29th of October, the total volume was 5.173B and the average daily volume was 398M for those 13 trading days.

From prior observations I developed a formula. At times the rate of dilution has a ratio of about 70% of volume (in excess of normal volume). In fact, for those who remember, I was able to predict the day the volume would decrease since the OS reached the original 500M OS.

I have had a self professed "inability" to predict future price. However, my estimates of OS are sometimes scary spot on. Of course past performance does not always predict future performance. (Some of us GERS-a -holics wouldn't still be around if we thought it always did.)

Using these numbers I see a total of 5.63B shares traded over 38 trading days since the OS was raised. Subtracting out the base we get 38x6.3M = 239.4M. 5.63-.2394= 5.39B. 70% of that is 3.773B. Add that to the 500M preexisting shares and we get an approximate SkunK guesstimate of 4.273B shares OS as of cob 29 Oct.

We will get confirmation of the OS - no later than the 3Q on or about the 20th of November. I will try to update my numbers just before the release and then stand by for any verbal beatings due.

I do make math errors, and I do forget stuff. So if I dropped a zero or something drop me a line - my number checking staff consists of a loyal, but old, blind dog. thanks

SkunK

PS: Here is another OS number from a post on the I-Hub:

"Current O/S for GERS: 2,329,823,723" .
Following posts say it came from transfer agent. The post is current, however what is the exact date of that os is not clear. If the number is even a few days old, we could both be right. I hope my numbers are wrong and the huge volume consists of an abnormal amount of churning day trades. However, I will stay with me numbers for now . . . as always you need to decide for yourself.


http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards/read_msg.aspx?message_id=43070886

No comments:

 
Free Blog CounterTamron